Sunday, January 5, 2014

Canvas Print Upcycle


Have an old canvas print hanging up that you're getting so sick of looking at you could just puke? Well, maybe that's a stretch, but you get me. Its been hanging on the wall for so long, you don't really like the print anymore, but you don't have anything else to replace it.

Yeah, me too. So I created this! 

I don't really have any specific instructions on how to create this same picture; it all happened so fast! I roughly and haphazardly tore chunks of green/blue based scrapbook paper to make the 'changing seasons' background, accordion folded leaf colored paper to produce several tiny leaves with minimal cutting, and free-handed the tree out of several pieces of scrapbook paper. And of course, I used Mod Podge to piece everything together.

Be creative, and make something beautifully unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment