Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

Since I started canning over the summer, I've become obsessed with mason jar everything. I've replaced the cups in my kitchen with pint mason jars, use pint and a half jars as vases, I have mason jar wall art, I store pasta and flour in giant gallon sized mason jars.... you get the idea. Whilst perusing the aisles of Target, searching for new bathroom items (couldn't find anything I liked), my husband had the bright idea that I should try to make things out of mason jars for the bathroom as well. That man really is a genius sometimes. I plan on using mason jars as toothbrush, q-tip, and cotton ball holders alongside this beautiful mason jar soap dispenser. And of course one will go in the kitchen! Doesn't get much more country than that, eh?




Materials Needed
Pint Mason Jar
Soap Pump (I used a plastic pump from a $1 bottle of hand soap)
Nail
Hammer
Pliers
Strong Water Resistant Adhesive (I used a type of Gorilla Glue)
Rubber Band (for glue curing purposes)

Remove the soap pump and rinse the residual soap from it. Mark the center of the lid. Using your nail and hammer, tap little holes into the lid, opening the space with the pliers as you go, until you have a big enough hole so that the pump fits in snugly. Apply glue to the part of the plastic pump base that will connect with the mason jar lid, situate lid and pump onto jar, and secure with a rubber band for 24 hours (or as long as the glue instructs). Voila! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    You have really shared the wonderful post, you blog is also very informative. You have done the great research in this topic.

    Stainless Steel Hand Dryers & Soap Dispenser

    ReplyDelete