Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pin-Up & Pilot Costume


Last night was our local Eagles Club Halloween Party. I've been waiting for an excuse to dress up since I officially became 'too old' to trick 'r' treat. We're not much for the bar scene so other than our club, my husband and I don't go out much. I'd rather stay home and talk to my dogs, and chickens than hang out with most other people my own age. His classic rock cover-band was booked early last month to play at the Eagles for a Halloween Party. Right away, I set to work planning our costumes. YAY!

Several people have told me I have a certain 'look' about me reminiscent of the WWII era... maybe its the winged eyeliner I typically sport, who knows. Regardless, I take it as a huge compliment! Women in the 40's were so classic and beautiful. Nowadays, we're getting less class, and more people like Miley. Yuck.

This costume was so much fun to wear, and actually very easy to put together. You just need some odds and ends that you may have in your closet/makeup bag. IF your husband or boyfriend has an olive green jumpsuit, GREAT, on the off chance that he doesn't (like mine), they are available at army surplus store, thrift stores, and sites like Amazon.

Pin-Up Costume
- Halter Style Dress
- Rhinestone or Pearl Jewelry (I found a necklace and earring set for $10 at Wal-Mart)
- Red Pumps (and Ibuprofen for wearing said pumps all night)
- Victory Rolls (this tutorial will help!)
- Red Lipstick
- Liquid Eyeliner
- Fake Eyelashes, optional
- Flower for your Hair (I hot glued an old fake rose to a hair clip, super simple)
- Red Nails

Pilot Costume
- Olive Jumpsuit
- Aviator Sunglasses
- Pilot Wing Pin (found one on Amazon for $9)

No comments:

Post a Comment