Saturday, May 4, 2013

Strawberry Lemon Ice Cream

My husband loves ice cream. It's one of about three things he's not too picky about. Knowing that I could make it better (and eventually healthier once I get the hang of things), I checked out Amazon in search of an ice cream maker. I found this ice cream maker and fell in love. My kitchen theme is country barnyard-esque. Too perfect, and too cute! The ice cream maker came in two days ago, but we've been far too busy to bust it out until tonight. I had exactly two cups of crushed fresh strawberries leftover from the fresh strawberry jam I made earlier. Hmmm... could tonight be the night I put this thing to work? YES! And as with anything involving fresh strawberries and lemon, it was incredible. My husband closed his eyes in euphoric bliss with the first bite and I'm not sure they opened until he finished his bowl.


Strawberry Lemon Ice Cream

makes 2 1/2 quarts

4 c. 2% milk
4 c. half & half
2 c. crushed fresh strawberries
2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
1 tsp. lemon extract

Combine all ingredients and freeze as directed by ice cream maker. After 30 minutes, my ice cream maker froze the ice cream as much as it could, and it was the consistency of soft-serve. To obtain a firmer ice cream, freeze for an additional hour. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment