Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Philly Cheesesteak Pasta

Believe me when I tell you that this is one of the best dishes I've ever made IN MY LIFE. Its incredible. Seriously. I had planned on making beef stroganoff, but used up all of my cream of mushroom soup on last nights chicken and dumplings (I'll post that recipe soon). So I had ground steak, I had mushrooms, I had plenty of onions, and I had green peppers that I knew I wanted to use in tonights dinner. Hmm, what to make? Of course, philly cheesesteaks came to mind. But I wanted pasta. What a conundrum. So I did what I always do when I'm about to make something amazing - I poured myself a glass of wine, and started tossing stuff together. A dash of this. A pinch of that - and voila! Philly Cheesesteak Pasta was born. I will be making this approximately once a week for the rest of my life. My god.

\
Philly Cheeseteak Pasta
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, sliced thinly
1 Large Green Pepper, sliced thinly
1 Tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 Pkg White Mushroom, sliced
1 Lb. Ground Steak, or Ground Beef
1 Lb. Pasta, cooked to al dente, and drained
1/2 C. Beef Broth
1 C. Shredded Mozzarella

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine olive oil, onion, green pepper, season salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Saute over medium-high heat until tender. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook an additional five minutes. Transfer to a bowl. In the same skillet, cook ground steak, or beef until done. Drain if necessary. Combine cooked veggies to ground beef. Add beef broth, and stir. Add beef/veggie mixture to cooked, and drained pasta. Add cheese. Stir until melted. Serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment