Monday, December 30, 2013

An Unseasonably Warm Saturday

Winter in Southeastern Missouri is cold. Today for example, we're at 20 degrees F. I hate it. So when I found out that last Saturday was going to be unusually warm, we planned to spend the day outside. It was a gorgeous day, reaching the low sixties!

Unless there is a blizzard or other hazardous weather, we let our girls free range every day. I think they were enjoying the warmer weather almost as much as me.

Last year, I attempted to start my garden vegetable plants from seed by a window. A combination of cats, and drafty windows ensured that things wouldn't pan out as I had planned. This year I expressed my desire for a greenhouse, and my hubby delivered. He got me a greenhouse for Christmas and put it together on Saturday afternoon. 

Plenty of room, zippered doors on opposite ends to allow necessary airflow and extra sunlight during the warmer weather, and totally weather proof during the colder months. Its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

After almost a month of a frozen pond, Luna was finally able to take a dip. She's a fish at heart.

We measured and marked out the garden area. Yep, that's my husband waaaay out there. We'll be getting it tilled up, and applying fertilizer in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait!

A Chi, pondering the meaning of life. He's always way too serious.

Oh and here's a picture of Sassafras on Christmas Day. She always likes to accessorize. 

1 comment:

  1. What a big yard you've got there! I'm just wondering where did you buy the greenhouse?

    ReplyDelete