Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Farm Photo Roundup

Part of the barn lean-to, and the back of the house. I love walking back to the house from the chicken coop. Fresh air, and pockets full of eggs. Ahh.

There are a handful of these trees in the yard. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is, but the birds really enjoy them!
 
Our new baby, Dotty! We adopted her from our local animal shelter last week. She, her mate, and all five of her puppies were surrendered to the shelter after their mom passed away. Having lost my own mother just four months ago, I sympathized with the shivering little girl in the cage, and decided I wanted to give her the best home possible. Yesterday, this delicate little purebred lap dog CHASED CHICKENS. I think that makes her an official farm dog. 

Fresh eggs. Nothing makes me happier than my morning walk to collect the eggs. Beautiful, perfect little presents every morning from my sassy girls. 

Juju, our youngest, and only female cat. She's such a lovable little girl. She isn't prejudice of species, age, or attitude. She snuggles, and steals hearts... and occasionally attempts to hatch chicken eggs.

Our very first foster dog, Marley, came home with us last week when we adopted Dotty. We've wanted to foster pets for a long time. We want to help ease the transition from shelter life to home life. Does that mean lots of paper towels, extensive use of the swiffer mop, breaking up sassy dog snarls, eight potty breaks a day, and tons of patience? Maybe. But its worth every single second of hassle, just so I can see the happy wag of Marley's Schnauzer tail nub. It's only been a week, and while I'm exhausted, but I'm in love with fostering.

Sassafras pecking around the yard. Those cluck wild hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment