Monday, December 30, 2013

Fruit Infused Water Three Ways


I've never been a huge fan of soda. It's okay every once in a while, but its just too sweet for me to consider drinking it every day. When I would drink soda, it was usually diet because I found it to be less of a syrupy fat trap. With all the claims of diet soda causing cancer due to the sweetener in it, I promptly stopped consuming it.  Though I could drink plain 'ole water for the rest of my life and be content, its nice to mix it up once in a while.

The answer to your boring water prayers? Fruit infused water. Its all natural, you know exactly what goes in it (unlike the 'fruit flavored' waters at the store), it contains nutrients, and more importantly, its down right refreshing. I like to store my fruit water in mason jars for an easy grab and go beverage when I'm walking out the door. Be aware that the longer fruit water sits, the stronger it gets - citrus fruit such as lime and grapefruit can become quite potent and bitter after a few days.

Fruit infused water is super simple to make, and definitely doesn't require a recipe, so much as a suggestion. These three fruit waters have been tested and approved. Drink right away, or let infuse for a few hours. The great part about this water is that you can drink and keep refilling with water over the coarse of a few days to get all the usage out of that beautiful fruit that you can.

Apple Cinnamon - One sliced up apple, and two cinnamon sticks

Pineapple Lime - Half a cup of fresh pineapple chunks, and two slices of lime

Cucumber Orange - Several slices of cucumber, and three orange slices

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the suggestions. Just starting out on fruit infused water and was wondering how long it'll stay fresh in the fridge. They are so refreshing and look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete