Monday, July 8, 2013

Storing Your Tea Collection

Last Christmas my husband got me one of my favorite presents to date: he subscribed me to a tea-of-the-month club. To some that may seem dull or silly, but actually it was incredibly thoughtful. My husband knows his wife well. He's known about my tea obsession since day one, or maybe day five, I probably didn't bring that up on the first date for fear of scaring him off.

Ever since that first neat package of tea arrived in the mail, my tea collection has steadily (and rapidly) grown. I currently have over thirty types of herbal, green, black, white, chai, and specialty blend loose leaf teas. The sealed envelopes the tea comes in keeps it mighty fresh but isn't exactly aesthetically pleasing. So a few weeks ago I moved all of my tea into appropriately sized mason jars, added labels that specify not only the type of tea but also how many teaspoons it takes to make the perfect cup of delicious and soothing tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment